San Gabriel Mountains Forever (SGMF) Coalition Coordinator
SGMF is hiring a Coordinator to help centralize and coordinate the San Gabriel Mountains
Forever coalition. A key goal for SGMF is to build support, internally and externally, to
implement our vision and annual campaign plan.
The vision of the San Gabriel Mountains Forever coalition is the protection and enhancement of our mountains, rivers, and parks with access for all. Our vision will be accomplished by focusing on the follow goals: 1) Protecting & Enhancing our: Forest, Foothills, Parks, Watersheds, and Rivers; 2) Ensuring Access and Environmental Justice for All and 3) Developing Future Leaders, Stewards and Supporters
The level of engagement and productivity in the coalition demands a high level of coordination between all parties involved. We’re looking for an experienced individual who will work across organizational lines to streamline efforts, ensure maximum productivity, and take a coordination role with our communications, fundraising, policy and outreach committees. It is preferred that candidates have at least one year of experience in the environmental and/or social justice field that includes organizing campaigns and coalition work, familiarity with federal, state, and local policies, particularly related to natural resources, environmental education, leadership development and communications, particularly online media is important to us. A high level of skills in facilitation, use of Google Docs platforms, listservs and strong writing abilities are required.
Key job responsibilities: The key responsibilities are carried out in a collaborative manner with the input of the entire SGMF Coordination Committee. The Chair (or designee) shall provide day-to-day management and supervision of the position, including setting workload priorities.
- Coalition coordination and meeting facilitation.
- Serve actively on all subcommittees (legislative, outreach, communications, fundraising) and act as liaison so that subcommittees work in coordination.
- Provide input on the development of strategy and tactics for campaign.
- Lead the development of a standard format and process to help the coalition plan, assess progress, and clarify roles and responsibilities on a yearly basis
- Help organize coalition meetings (for example: securing meeting sites, preparing
agendas, taking notes, ensuring good communication before and after, etc.).
- Provide periodic one-on-one check-ins with partners to ensure work items from each of the committees are moving forward in a coordinated way.
- Develop and manage the process of “onboarding” and orienting new coalition members.
- Help organize coalition events and activities.
- Maintaining internal communications, including emails, listservs, and Google site; and creating and maintaining a database to track all SGMF organizing goals, metrics, and progress towards our outcomes.
- Under the leadership of the Communications Chair, assist with the campaign’s social media strategy, and updates to the website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts.
Estimated Annual Salary (based on salary history & experience): Up to $45,000; benefits to be negotiated
Estimated Start Date: May 9, 2016
Application Due Date: April 15, 2016
Send Resume To: Send resume to email@example.com; note that you must also include a cover letter that includes salary history information for the last five years AND contact information for your supervisor(s) over the last five years